Friday 8 November 2019

Take ownership to enhance the experience of your own life.

I was mid-conversation with a friend today, repeating the same sentence I tell myself every day - "I really have to go for a run." I've always had an on-off relationship with running due to some or the other bodily dysfunction, but this time I know I have just been giving myself excuses. There's no motivation. There's too much other work I can do in those 30 minutes - 1 hour of being out of the house. Or the classic I don't feel like it right now even though I know I will feel amazing the minute I step out.

But mid-conversation, I also told my friend that I think I just need someone to knock on my door and be like "Kanksha, get out, we're going for a run." and that's probably the easiest way for me to start again. I also recalled how I used to be that person who would wake others up and push them to go for a run with me.

So this post is a short reminder to myself, and everyone else, to do those things that you're waiting for others to lowkey drag you to do. Do what you know you will enjoy. Be the motivator for yourself. We're not always going to have people who will accompany us, or push us to do what we should/what's good for us.

Take ownership to enhance the experience of your own life. It's a little stupid to be waiting for someone to make you do something you want to, don't you think?

Lots of love and motivation,
Kanksha

P.S. I've promised myself that I will run for 15 minutes today (and put it on my blog so that it gives me some amount of accountability haha).

Even if it rains and is cold and looks like this

Go for it and make a promise to yourself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment