Saturday 6 January 2018

New year, New day

I had a Kanksha day today.
Wanted to wake up at 7:00am, woke up at 8:30. Was supposed to leave at 10:00am, left at 10:13. Reached the station quick enough only to find out that I've forgotten my lunch box. Dad came to give it to me (and proceeded to go to office) and I got into the next train that I was supposed to take.

I have two categories of Kanksha days - either days when I'm always late inspite of having the intention of being on time because the world just doesn't want me to, or crazy busy days when there's something or the other happening throughout the day and I get time to sit back only when I have to sleep.

Then there are Disha days. Days when you're feeling lazy and don't do anything, staring at the ceiling while you put your feet back and relax doesn't count. Or days when all you do is read, eat, and sleep with the occasional computer game level up perhaps. There are Aditi days full of productivity, where you get so much work done, it's unbelievable. Something like the second category of a Kanksha day. There are Bhavya days when everything goes wrong, from which she'll make everyone laugh their heads off at the dinner table because she makes it sound funny instead of miserable.

And I don't want to think about or analyse anything in this blogpost. But this year, hope you have a little bit of Kanksha, Disha, Aditi, and Bhavya days in your life. Don't stick to your own days, keep exploring. There are 365 different ones you want to live before the next year, of course. Things will go wrong, you will be late, traffic will be there when you have an important meeting, and there will be days when you accomplish all and even more than you planned. You'll feel lazy and staying in bed, you'll feel like getting out of the house and crave a vacation too but revel in all those moments since it's those moments that make your year your year. They give you things to talk about, things to think about - they give you stories.

You're a living story, this year try to act like it.

Love always,
Kanksha

No comments:

Post a Comment