Sunday 3 March 2019

the red-bellied mosquito

I was lounging on the bed, trying to figure out why my n-dimensional array's iterator was failing for a particular case. The iterator is something I have been working on in iterations. Every time I think I am done with it, I find myself going back trying to fix it. Sort of like a messy relationship haha I'm funny.

But anyway, back to me lounging on my bed, the bed just made by the help, sunlight pouring through the windows. Suddenly I see a mosquito on my laptop. Most normal people would have killed it. Me strongly believing in the concept of "live and let live" in spite of having got malaria thrice in my life, let it rest in peace alive. Insects when they are not flying always fascinate me - they are tiny, and we generally never get to observe them while they are going crazy around us - so I took a closer look, as close as I dared to go. It had a red belly. Woah, I thought. The white belly turns red when it drinks blood. That is SO COOL.

I ran and got my father's iPhone 6. (I mention 6 so that people do not think that I am showing off.) Why do I mention iPhone? Myself having a Motorolla with a shitty camera, and my mom and grandmom's phone no better, it was my best bet. Got a couple of blurry pictures though.

the blurry red-bellied mosquito

Took a few more from the other side. These were clearer, but the red was not visible.

the other side

Eventually, the mosquito flew away. I was disappointed because I did not get the perfect shot.

So I walk over to my father, and show him the red belly. My mother gives more of a reaction than he does, so I proceed to show her the less-blurry non-red-belly-visible side. And her eyes go wider because it really looked great with the white and black stripes. And with dad's piqued interest, I move towards him on the other sofa. He looks at me worriedly telling me it was a mosquito that caused dengue.

Looks familiar?
I began laughing because I did have two fresh mosquito bites.
Dad asked me to apply neem oil on it immediately.
Mom wanted me to rush and get papaya leaves and figure out how dengue can be prevented.

With a small Google Search, found out that if I have been infected by the dengue virus, I will experience symptoms anywhere between four to seven days. Will keep you guys updated :P

I found it quite funny that I caught the little guy/girl? on camera, and thought that maybe you would too. It's good that this happened. I get to drink the most bitter juice (papaya leaves) for a week straight. YAY ME.

Sigh. Not yay me.

I'm sure this has a silver lining, I just haven't seen it yet.

Okay bye, wish me luck, thanks for reading!
Kanksha

1 comment:

  1. This is an update. It has been two months since mosquito bite. the wait period was over long time ago. No Dengue or Malaria appeared in the subsequent week after this original post. Seems Papaya Leaf Juice works. QED.

    ReplyDelete