Sunday 11 August 2013

Teenage Drama.

Watched a cliche movie? Heard a Taylor Swift song or One Directions' latest hit? (Nothing against them!) If you did, its sure to be describing teenage drama with a unique level of detail. Till a few days ago, I thought all of that was utter crap. Heck, I would have even passionately argued about how all of that was simply an exaggeration of a slightly 'one of a kind' life that only a handful people have.

But that is until last week happened. In short, let me say it was a smaller version of a Bolly/Hollywood movie. It was a mixture of dates and liplocks, trust and betrayals....a whole lot if pretending and dishonesty. It was a week of secrets. Secrets that are yet to be revealed. Now,my friends, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if you don't believe me, but take my word for it. (It's pretty obvious I wouldn't reveal the identity of the person..but I guess I could assure you of the fact that its not me :P)

The point of writing this is to reduce unnecessary tears. It is to elimate a major distraction in most teenagers these days. To ask them to have some patience and wait so that they know the difference between a crush and 'true love'. (I really want to crack a lame joke to reduce the tension, but seeing that there isn't any string, I'm still wondering from where the tension came from!!)

If I be blunt, I'm asking you to wait until you know that guy/girl. I'm asking you to not be blinded by fake promises.  In short, keep your eyes open and remain practical occasionally - it will help you keep a safe distance from the darker side of the world.

Kanksha :)

I was wondering...did it become too much? Does it seem like I'm preaching? 'Cause that sure wasn't my aim!

No comments:

Post a Comment