Friday 7 August 2020

what is your gift

The prompt for today is to meditate and journal for a total of 15 min BEFORE you get on your phone in the morning. The journal topic is: what is your gift. 

How do you interpret that? Take a few moments to think about this before you read mine.



As kids, when a character of a book had a gift, that meant that something terrifying yet equally amazing was going to happen in their life. The minute they realised that they have a gift, their life would change, and multiple occasions of using their gift would come to light. They would have a gift because one of their parent was a greek god, or a dragon rider, or they just happened to have cool powers. Basically, I've grown up with the thought that gifts are magical. 

The first thing that came to my mind though, was to think of something that I can do that no one else can... I came up with nothing. So that was saddening. That was followed by an attempt of thinking of what I can do better than everyone else... I still could not think of anything. 

So I started thinking more in the direction of what I enjoy. I thought about what comes naturally to me. What is a mystery that I will never solve, but something I will continue to solve for the rest of my life with intrigue and joy? And for me, the answer was people. 

I think my gift would be the ability to care deeply and have the willingness to understand. I'm motivated. I try to make the most out of situations and strive to have a positive outlook in life. That's because my goal is to be at peace and happy. In its own way, I think this gift is magical too. 

I guarantee, so is yours. 

Much love.
Kanksha

P.S. This is Day 2 of Chelsea Yamase's 21 day positivity challenge. 

2 comments:

  1. If you can do NOTHING then you have reached Nirvana. All in search of self finally learn to do NOTHING - thoughtlessness and no urge to do anything. This is different than laziness.
    So the biggest gift will be do NOTHING :-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. My gift is love. Just plain and simple love. Spread love.

    ReplyDelete