Thursday 7 November 2013

From movies, books and music.

It feels like ages since I posted something. I took a rollercoaster to iMagica, went down the memory lane with my family watching some of the cutest videos in history, and sat for a Bollywood film. Not oak wood, mind you. :P

If you watched Krrish 3 and really liked it, the only reason I can find is because you haven’t watched Hollywood films. I hate to say this, but many Bollywood movies seem to be copied. Krrish 3 seemed to be inspired (as I bet ‘inspired’ is the word they prefer) from X-men. Like completely. Everything except the storyline. While X-Men focuses on war between mutants and humans, this movie is based on the extermination of evil. They ‘borrow’ the idea of mutants in doing so and the ability to attract metal as well. So much for being original.

On another note, I just read Allegiant by Veronica Roth, the third and final book of the Divergent trilogy. I think every character death sucks. What I don’t get is why, in every single teen fiction book, the author just has to kill someone close to the protagonist or the protagonist himself/herself. How many books have you read, in which someone’s life isn’t sacrificed for the greater good? In each one, from the Hunger Games, Eragon and Tiger’s Curse to Alex Rider and Harry Potter readers have mourned more than one melancholy death.

Then comes the story of how One Direction released a song on something other than a girl. Finally, they manage to think of something different.

I digress from what I want to say though. I find the impact movies, books and music have on our society amazing. The power they wield and the way they can transform and hypnotize the world in their own way is unbelievable. A new song comes out and hundreds of people have plugged in their headphones in the conquest of being the first few to listen to it and gush about. If a new book is launched, we have everyone downloading pirated copies, swallowing the book even faster than an anaconda could have.

Does that mean that sooner or later, these three entities will rule the world? If not rule, influence most of the things people do, their thought process, and what they think is wrong or right? After all, these things are nothing but mediums of expressing your thoughts.

Another thing to think about is if all the things you think celebrities (in every field) do actually real? Or is it just another game of pretend? Are the feelings they portray, the things they say, the way they behave just an act or a fact? Sometimes I feel like giving them the benefit of doubt and want to believe it’s all real, but how can we ever know?

Sometimes, you are infatuated because you find them stunning and their personality cool, maybe because their writing is just out of the world and stories a treat to imagine and other times you might genuinely like someone’s music; but so what? I think lots of people get blinded by what they see or hear. They stop thinking rationally. It’s like being drunk in the sea of obsession forever.

But is getting drunk always bad? ^^^^^(in this case, I believe it is.)

An acquaintance of mine had once told me that he got drunk whenever he sat to write, just without the alcohol. Only now do I truly understand what that means.


Kanksha :)

I realised that all I've done is asked questions and didn't really get anywhere. I guess that's because I'm still thinking! I hope that by now, you are as well. Procrastination is one activity that we do all the time. 
Another question that will create impulses in your brain - Have you ever wondered how fast we think? One minute you're thinking about how warm the coffee is and the next second you're reminiscing the memory of eating a Bournville which leads to how enticing Charlie and the Chocolate factory was. What if the speed at which you think is faster than the speed of light? Just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment