Friday 4 April 2014

The Real Imaginary

Dreams are out of the world. Literally. Sometimes, they tend to be simple normal stuff that could occur in normal life too. But I'm talking about the outrageous ones, ones that make you wake up and feel dizzy.

Its on rare occasions when I remember dreams, but when I do, I can recall every single detail, every conversation and event. It's insane. Many people put music on shuffe and switch songs if they don't feel like listening to them. In this case, our brain is the device playing music, the music resembles our thoughts and the "next" button doesn't exist. Our brain never stops working. You never stop thinking. Even when you are sleeping, your mind is plotting it's own story from whichever thoughts it can snatch away from the place you've kept them locked up till you sleep. It arranges these thoughts in no particular sequence and puts the puzzle pieces together in the way you least imagined possible. 

I had a very interesting dream once. I'm glad I had documented it, because I feel it enunciates the brilliance of the human brain. How the human brain can come up with something so far fetched is something I still haven't understood. The brain-stream went something like this. I was talking to my friend over the phone and went to sleep since I was sleepy. When I woke up, I was in the same place, but everything had changed. Things looked older and broken, bucketfulls of metal had corroded in plain air. Before I had enough time to absorb and take in what I saw, I heard gun shots, and the flapping of feathers soon over shadowed by the cry of anguish. A cry of humans as well as animals. A bit shaken, I went over to the balcony and saw a swagger of swans being hunt down. Humans were facing casulaties too, as these swans were monstrously big, with beaks as sharp as swords and golden eyes bulging out. My heart clenched. I wanted to put an end to the bloodbath. But suddenly common sense kicked in. How did swans manage to come here in the first place? How did buildings get replaced by a lake?  Why is everything so quiet? What happened to the traffic? Actually, scratch that, where the hell am I? Because even though this looks like my house, it can't be it. 


That is when a voice spoke to me, explaining how I had strolled by Father Future and how I was stuck here now. I actually pinched myself to figure out whether it was a dream or not. (Guess the pinching doesn't work!) But I still remember the ghostly figure of the voice. A translucent outline but a figure nonetheless, with pale wrinkled skin and a funky sense of fashion; unreasonably cheerful in nature, but reserved all the same. Her voice was husky with a tinge of amusement flickering. She slithered from place to place with movements like a lizard. It was scary, yet immensely fascinating. At first I was afraid of her, but later she became my only friend. 

It was as if whatever happened was real.The sadness of escaping the old world was real. The fear of finding the ghost of a house keeper and zombie-ish swans mind numbing....but the anxiety of discovering a new world beat everything. And that's what surprised me. Does my curiousity over power my thoughts so much, that my mind managed to accept jumping into a new era so fast? Would your brain have?

Kanksha :)

Thanks for reading! 


PS. There isn't anything I can do to make you believe that I really did get a dream like this. But don't you think it is too far fetched for me to think of anyways? 

No comments:

Post a Comment