Tuesday 12 June 2018

Stuck

Growth is hard. Set-backs are harder. But being stuck is the worst. And right now? I am stuck.

I am stuck on Chapter 20 of my book. I am stuck with understanding how to implement a part of my algorithm since a week and have no progress to show in my report due right now. I do not know which sub-domain I want to pick for my final year project. And I am stuck with setting up a technical blog on GitHub. 

I cannot easily touch my toes without bending my knees. The terrace generally peaceful is attacked by crows 'cawing' from all sides until darkness overtakes the city. The stars then, are hidden by the clouds, making a mopey-me even gloomier. 

There are a lot of sweet things in my life. I eat chocolate every day, followed by mithai and some more chocolate. Mango Ras for lunch, and cut mangoes after dinner is no longer a luxury, but has become routine. My sister stays at home glued to amazon prime, and my grandmother has turned into a social diva, making up for both, my sister and my own hibernation.

But this is me getting carried away by a couple of bad days. 

I attempted to start writing again, after such a long break. I have not yet given up and am constantly trying to find out how to implement my algorithm. I figured out the domain of my final year project, and have written the first post and created a base for the blog, inspite of not having put it together.

I went from not being able to touch my toes at all a week ago, to slamming my fingers-to-knuckles portion on the floor today. The rain and drizzle makes up for the clouds, putting a rest to the sweltering heat. The smell of mud is invigorating.

Nights out with friends lead to sweet times. Monopoly deal leads to playful fights. And time spent with family playing cards and sequence is always time well spent. With so many loved ones, there are always birthdays to celebrate, and cake to be eaten. 

So yes, being stuck sucks. But being unable to get over being stuck and letting yourself loose sucks even more. I'm putting an end to this bad day. Taking one down, running by the sea just to turn it around. Everyone knows. Sometimes you lie. But you work at a smile and go for a ride. You had a bad day....
Have a great day :)
Kanksha

P.S.: Check out Daniel Powter's "Bad Day". I love the video.



No comments:

Post a Comment