Friday 22 October 2021

Health and growing older

One thing most older people wished me on my 24th birthday was good health. I can understand why. Something as simple as getting your neck stiff in your sleep can not let you stand or sit for a week. A knee issue can stop you from doing things that you love. Hurting your pinky finger shows you how much you actually use it, even if it isn't a lot. And a cavity in your tooth makes you appreciate having healthy teeth.

I think when we're young, because our bodies can repair itself so much faster, and we just overall have so much energy, we don't really realise the value of good health. And slowly you begin seeing friends and family having problems. And it kind of hits. 

Something I hope to remember and work towards this year - being healthier, stronger, and fitter. Because I realise that without good health, there's very little I can do. Very little I can be of use. Very fast I can become 'obsolete'. 

Love,
Kanksha

No comments:

Post a Comment