Friday 5 January 2024

have no wifi at home

My building did this amazing thing where they forgot to tell us they would not switch us over to the new default Internet provider. And what this means for us is that we need to schedule appointments to get access to the internet. Appointments were about 10 days from when we found out, so now my flatmate and I are undergoing a digital detox whether we like it or not. No watching TV, actually having to get up and switch on or off the lights, and no access to our personal laptops either. (We work from office so that's mostly unaffected). 

And all of this coupled with my Instagram detox, I feel like I'm undergoing some kind of withdrawal symptoms 😂

The last three days have been filled with SO MUCH free time. I come home and don't understand what to do next. Sleeping at 10pm feels like a lucrative option because I don't know what else is possible. We went to whole foods for a walk and came back. Spent time silently reading a book after dinner. Scrolled H&M on my phone. Removed the clothes from the dryer but felt too lazy to fold them so they're lying on the empty half of my bed. I'll hopefully get to the pile tonight. 


I never realized how much of my time and brain supposedly mindless activities take up. Maybe this Wifi less period is a blessing in disguise. I hope I start feeling like doing other better things with my time. And I hope I learn how to stay bored without getting frustrated. 

Try watching no TV for 3 days. I'll be surprised if you don't go through something similar. Will keep you updated on how I feel after a week!!!!

Love,
Kanksha 

No comments:

Post a Comment