Friday 5 April 2013

Peeking into the spookiness of horror!


For one, I don't like horror. It's more like I despise it. I don't know what tempted me to read Dracula, nor do i know how I agreed to watch the latest horror film 'Aatma' with my friends...scratch that - I had no option but to. But that's when I figured out that horror films CAN be a tad interesting.

I mean where else do you get to see such striking work by makeup artists? Horror films give them an opportunity to do the exact opposite of their real work - make a person look disgustingly ugly. Throw in a twisted lip, pale looking face, excess wrinkles, grey hair, signs of injury maybe with blood and Lo behold! A perfectly designed zombie (if not an antique ghost!)

Another thing is that with every new horror film, new ways of impossibly murdering people are found. It's surprising how wild a human beings imagination can get.

And obviously, the sudden discovery of supernatural beings! At first humans were content with ghosts. But we now have blood sucking vampires, alphas and betas of werewolves (are werewolves math crazy?), oh-so-powerful wizards (without noses I must add!) and so much more ...

The music of a horror scene is one of the finest element of it though. I have been told that a scary movie on mute becomes hilarious. Why do you think that happens? The secret lies in its craftily composed music.

Enough about my thoughts now. In fact, i have a question. What is the randomest thought you have had up till now?? When I was small, I used to think everyone became ghosts at night. That was one of the reason why I used to feel scared while going to sleep.
Hmmmm....that's me with my randomness - now it's your turn!

No comments:

Post a Comment