Friday 5 July 2013

Tobu World Square

Day Fourteen and Fifteen.

This plays music every twenty minutes! A nice welcome song!

On Thursday, my aunt and I set off for Tobu World Square. Tobu World Square is a kind of museum where there are different monuments, scaled to 1/25th it's size. There are 102 structures from 21 countries including 45 inscribed as World Heritages by UNESCO. We changed trains and then transferred to a bus to reach there where we were greeted by a colourful range of lanterns and a variety of music.




The plane exactly in front of you was actually moving!!
    
They actually made the whole station - this is just a bit though!
                   
We then proceeded to the Japan Zone where we saw the Sky Tree, Tokyo Tower, Tokyo International Airport (Terminal 2) and Tokyo Station. The intricacy and detailing, the way every place is made; each and every seven centimeter person was unique!










We then moved on to the Egypt Zone. The pyramids of Menkaure, Khafre and Khufu were all lined up, one against another with an aura of mystery. The Egyptian music just added to the atmosphere! We even saw the great Sphinx and Great Temple of Abu Simbel! <<<The four sitting figures in the front, about 20m tall, are said to be those of Ramesses ||.








That day being the 4th of July, we took a detour to America(n Zone). Figures I saw the Statue of Liberty, (the ghost of) Twin Towers and Empire State building all within the radius of fifty meters.







Giants exist! Look at this one cleaning it's toys!





The parade!



In the Europe Zone, we visited the Parthenon, Colosseum, Leaning Tower of Pisa, Versailles Palace, Westminster Abbey and Buckingham Palace to name a few. Trust me people, you would think that making the real thing was a pain, I guess making the miniature must have    been even harder. There must be at least a thousand mini-statues not to mention hundreds of stain glass paintings!






Dragon and Tiger Pagoda in Kaohsiung (Taiwan)









Oh! And also the Asia Zone and Ancient Japan Zone which of full of shrines, how people lead their life and even a replica of the railway! It was pretty amazing!





It was around seven when I reached my uncles office from where (after taking a sneek peek into the mall) we went to a Japanese restaurent! The best part about this was you get to cook the meal yourself. There is this hot plate in front of you and you can switch it off and on as you wish. We started off with asparagus and corn, moved on to oko-nomiaki (a Japanese styled 'uthhapa ' :P) and soba (spagetti in a sense).

*Sorry about the lack of pictures here. I don't know why but they won't get transferred from the phone!*

AND I ATE ALL MY FOOD WITH CHOPSTICKS! WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO! :D When I think about it, it's not really that difficult to eat with chopsticks. It's all about getting the right grip. When I was small, no one had told me how I was supposed to hold a pencil. So I have a peculiar grip at present. I guess holding chopsticks the normal way doesn't work for me! ;)

Different as always!
Kanksha :)

I'll be talking about what I did today tomorrow as it is pretty late at present. Plus, as I went to Hiroshima, I have loads to talk about!  Btw, how many of you think sleep is just a waste of time and only sleep because you need to? 


No comments:

Post a Comment