Monday 22 July 2013

Best Taxi in the world is..the Yellow Zebra!

I read something in the newspaper the other day that caught my interest. It went something like this: The Indian Ambassador has now been given the status of the best taxi in the world.

I dug in further and read the rest of the article. It just didn't sound right. The preposterous Indian taxi at the top? Did they mean the one which takes a thousand million seconds to start? What happened to Japan's Toyota? Or even the American taxi?
(In my opinion, the way they ranked the taxis had less to do with the taxis and a bit more with the racers.) Taxis from all over the world were brought to one place. Each racer was assigned one car. The rules were pretty simple, less complicated. In simpler words, they were allowed to play dirty. After the countdown (if there was one that is...it just felt right while writing!) all hell broke lose! Cars crashed and toppled over one another, trying to squeez through every inch of space and win. In all this pandemonium, the yellow zebra sailed pass and was hence declared the best :)

I'm neither pro nor anti India. I try and argue from either side since I tend to meet people with extreme opinions..But I didn't fail to notice everyone's reaction when I told this story to them. They were around the lines of "You're kidding me right?" Or "Haha, that must owe to the fact that no one could bash it up!" People were surprised but not convinced. That's pretty sad - the fact that many Indians aren't ready to accept the already established fact that India is the best in a particular category.

Whichever way (I would say 'anyways' but was enlightened that the word doesn't exist. That doesn't mean I'll stop using it completely though!) This story reminded me of how my English teacher had asked the class to write 100 reasons why India is better than the whole world in my sixth grade. I had come up with around 69 if I'm not mistaken...so I guess this will be the 70th! :P

Kanksha :)

No comments:

Post a Comment