Tuesday 15 October 2013

School!

So I used a stripper today. No, no, no! It's not what you are thinking about. This is what I call a stripper.
Basically, you use it to remove the outer covering of a wire to make connections...

Looking at the laboratories in college, conducting experiments, secretly helping friends out and lending solutions ended with me recalling sweet memories. I was hit with a wave of nostalgia, each water drop in it being a unique memory.

Every single time I sit to write about school, my thoughts get scattered. It's like they are in a frenzy. I don't know where to begin, I am at a loss of how to end it. Maybe that is because there is no beginning. Maybe there isn't an ending either. It stays in our hearts forever. School is where we made our first friends. We are emotionally attached to it. College is great, it has awesome people. But just like people say, 'Boys will be boys', school is school. It was like a family of 105 cousins and multiple parents. It's a place where we made our best friends, worst enemies, where pinky promises existed, a simple game of tic-tac-toe was exciting, eating food in between classes was (in lower grades) considered the epitome of cool, where each festival was celebrated less for itself but more to take pictures, where the whole class contributed for a cake and watching your friend fall off the chair while sitting down was probably the most hilarious thing ever.

To say I miss school would be an understatement. The mornings which were passed in convincing people to sing the prayers, secretly trying to see who isn't meditating and getting caught, organizing competitions and winning as a school are things you get to feel and experience only once! My school was a place were Michael Jackson and Doraemon talked to each other. (Code names for teachers is a different thing alltogether!) And I still haven't talked about the occasional water fights, arguments which reincarnated to debates and the boring yet ever imporatant soft board duty!

Thus, when school got over, everyone made a plethora of promises, one of them being a promise to stay in touch. It wasn't an oath bound by blood or on the river Styx. It was a simple pledge taken on friendship and trust. Floods of memories overflowed our yearbooks, well wishes were tattooed on our uniforms. We left school cherishing happy moments, brewing with curiosity at the same time. Curiosity of what is going to happen next, anxiety of a new life sprinkled with a bit of fear, mixed with tons of excitement. A longing to do something worthwhile as long as we live.

I wish I had taken permission to give a speech on the last day. I wish I, or at least someone else had been asked to. Reason being taking names now would become too personal! But I guess I just want to say, Good Luck! Dream and follow the omens. (Alright. This sentence is philosophical. Whatever. :P)

And for all those people who are still in school, remember, school is like a Cornetto ice cream. The whole thing is delicious but the last bit is something special altogether!

Kanksha :)

Interesting story..? : My friend accidentally tried dilute sulfuric acid mixed with FeSO4 and water. She said it tasted like blood. Another guy said it tasted like death. I was tempted to try it myself. Now what in the (under)world does death taste like? Hmmmm. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment