Tuesday 11 March 2014

Joy of Siblings.

If you've got a sibling, you must think I'm mental (to even think of such a heading). I could say I'm excessivly sarcastic, but that wouldn't be completely true! Give it a thought, and you will agree. And if you don't have a sibling, I'd leave it by saying that having one does have its own perks.

Alright. This is one of the most conflicting topic ever. Most siblings have pretty tantalizing relationships. Some of them claim to hate each other, but have an ocean of love for them all the same. Independent of the age difference, they tend to undergo a temporary metamorphosis once in a while. A defect in the vocal chords, a small uncorking of the anger control screw in the brain and removal of the non-violent gene is all it takes for World War Three to occur. Trust me, I'm not kidding.

I asked a few of my college friends to define their siblings in 5 words. And if not that, requested them to tell me whatever came to their mind first. Here are a few of them:

"She is a CHOCOLATE STEALER. Where does her diet go when she wants chocolate, huh? And shopping. She can go shopping anywhere. Looks around for 2 hours and buys nothing. I accompany her for food." (he has got an elder sister.)
"I'd call my younger brother Fat. Short. Fat. *thinks* but he is becoming more like me as a person, so I guess its okay." 
"Bitch. * 5" Is what one guy called his younger sister. When I told him I wanted it for my blog, four of those 'bitches' became caring, manipulative, considerate and helpful. 
"Smart. He is going to be smarter than me. When I told my mom she made the mistake of not making me study, she's made sure she doesn't make the same mistake with him. :')" (she was blessed with a younger brother.)

I know of a guy whose has a wickedly clever younger sister. She sits by his door, soundlessly listening to him talk to his friends. He deserves it though, as he checks all her facebook conversations in return. Another young lady, cousin of a guy in my college asked me to spy on him, and tell her if he talked to any girls. And if not, any boys. xP It's just so ironic that younger siblings are taking the responsibility of looking after the older ones. I know of two more people whose younger siblings (complete nerds full of themselves) nag them to study. 

I find it funny how they are the ones who infuriate you to no end, yet be the ones who save your skin from your parents all the same. I think the best bonding time is when they're both in trouble, or about to face their parents wrath...because that's when you work as a team. You talk with your eyes, make subtle gestures and end up stifling your laughter instead of feeling low. 

As I said, having a sibling has got it's perks. You've got to go out of your way sometimes, but those moments fighting for a pillow, switching the TV channels to and fro, arguing on every small thing even if it's not necessary and singing together at the top of your voices are unforgettable. 

Love you Dish. <3
Kanksha. :)

For all those who don't know, I've got a younger sister....her name isn't dish, or fork for that matter, but that isn't really important. Anyways, thanks for reading.
Feel free to share any anecdotes, whether they bring out a laugh, or a chuckle. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment