Saturday 15 April 2017

I almost fainted

It was a nice Saturday evening, warm yet breezy, and I found myself running to my grandmother - no one else was home - because the blood on my finger refused to stop. To me, it kept pouring out like a mini waterfall and I was freaking out.

My grandmother is a master when it comes to dealing with injury. She rushed me to the kitchen, asked me to calm down and applied some turmeric. Now I would have calmed down if the blood had stopped but it still refused to stop, so being the smart person I am, I panicked some more. And then, I panicked so much that I got dizzy by the time my Dadi could find some cotton and cloth to wrap the wound with, sat down because I wasn't sure of my balance, my hearing dropped and I finally lay down on the bed till it was all wrapped up.

The funny thing is that all of this happened because I got a cut from a broken doorknob which had a pointy metal piece sticking out. Amusing fact two: it couldn't have been more than a few drops of blood.  Isn't that super life threatening? I still can't believe how I overreacted to that level. Pretty much my entire family laughed when they heard about what happened so I figured I'd let you'll facepalm as well.

This isn't the only fear I have. Among others, there's one of pigeons and cockroaches. I don't think it's a fear though, it's more of getting creeped out. And as long as they aren't in my house, I am alright. I guess I'm just afraid they won't be able to leave or they'll get hurt because of the fan or something at home.

But I tend to deal with these things in a very mature way. When a pigeon had come inside my house, I ran into my room and let my grandmom and friend direct it outside, refusing to come out till it was gone. See what I mean by mature, don't you? 😁

Everyone has stories about things they're afraid of and how they've dealt with them. I'd love to hear yours, especially if it's a funny one!

And as always, thanks for reading,
Kanksha💜

No comments:

Post a Comment