Monday 13 May 2013

The Underworld is colourful! (o)_(o)

I never thought that I would want to find out how the inside of a gutter looks like. Apparently, I was wrong. Just a few days ago, on my way to collage, I saw a few pipes going down a gutter at a construction site! And my! Weren't they colourful! Just like chocolate, colour always grabs ones' attention. These unique pipes (unique, since I have seen only green or orange pipes before this rare occurrence) were just begging me to take a picture of them!



When I gave it a thought, I figured gutters may be an interesting place to have a peek at. If we can somehow eliminate the nose scrunching smell, get airtight clothes as well as glasses that can see through mud, and assuming someone has the courage to go down there, who knows what all one could find. With the exception of leftover food, and tones of plastic degrading at a snail's pace, there could be lost rings that were thought to be stolen, treasure of the 1850s that was hidden in some shady corner, secret passages that are waiting to be found and what not! Guys, for once just let your imagination go wild! The underground, in the end, could maybe turn out to be a detective or historians' paradise! XD

Before I go, and you guys resume doing whatever you were doing, I'll tell you something I just realised. We all study about the history of different countries, some of us know about the history of our favourite sports and how they evolved....but how many of us know about the history of gutters?? Next to none, eh?

Kanksha :)

No comments:

Post a Comment