Friday 17 May 2013

This post is heading-less. *Oops, did I just give it a heading?*

So I was nagging Aditi the other day about the fact that she should write a post fast and she was like - okay fine, type it now. Mind you, we had gone for shopping on a hot sunny afternoon, walked a gazillion miles and were finally sitting on a bus stop as we had no other place to sit and hang out. The joys. Anyways, these were her exact words...well kind of, “Shopping is fun. You get out of your house, walk so-very-much and come back with nothing but an empty Coke bottle."

Since my salad days, I have always been against drinking Pepsi. In fact, I used to stop my dad from having coke as well. At that time, someone had drilled (most probably a teacher) into my head that coke and the likes are bad for health.

Surprisingly, I finally had coke (or was it thumbs up?) after years, that day. And the funniest bit? I thought that if you shook the bottle, and opened it bit by bit, the fizz would calm down and you would be able to open the bottle unscathed. Clearly I was wrong. The minute I opened the bottle, it almost started pouring out. Aditi was quite obviously amused and angry at the same time about how I really believed that the fizz would slow down, but in the end, after a decade of letting the fizz crawl out, we were finally able to drink it. Even though it tasted like cola and water, it was heaven in the scorching heat!

[The following information has been collected from various websites and a TV show. I have just put it all together and re-written it to make stuff a tad bit interesting :) Oh, and I haven't verified anything. Yet.]

Anyways, remember the saying - drink wine, save water? Many people replace 'wine' with 'soda'. Surprisingly, it takes 2 liters of water to make just 1 liter of Coke. And this happens when millions of people these days are dying of thirst. :/

I guess the fact that Coke/Pepsi/Thumbs up* can be used to remove corrosion from batteries, clean up used pans and scrap off the rust of cycles is quite popular. But I doubt the fact that it is a remedy for hiccups is. 

Some people say that the active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid whose pH is 2.8 that could dissolve a nail in about four days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis. What bothers me is I don't know whether this is completely true. Some places argue it isn't and some say it is. I guess, the only way to know for sure is to experiment ourselves. I sure will and get back soon!

Kanksha :)

I found this website pretty interesting - http://members.tripod.com/barefoot_lass/cola.html So all you coke lovers can go have a look :P

*Many people may argue that Coke, Pepsi and Thumbs up have remarkable differences. Honestly, I don't know if there are any. To me, they all look the same. Hence, could someone please do the honours and tell me what the differences are? :P

Shapes of the fizz look as beautiful as snowflakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment