Saturday 11 November 2017

A reason to celebrate

Read along with the audio so you don't miss out the GIFs!
Side Note: I think I have accepted my audio endings will always be awkward because I never know how to sign off. 


So I’m going to try a November writing prompt thing where I write on something (almost) everyday. And it’s already 11 days into November plus this prompt was for November third but I like it since you can make it poetic, heavy or really stupid too.

Number 1 on my reasons-to-celebrate list is that I am finally done with my practical exams and vivas. It's such a relief that I don't have to remember syntax for which I would have otherwise taken Google's help. Real life coding is so different from coding for a practical.

Friend tapping my shoulder: Theory exams begin in 9 days and you're going to have to study all over again.
Me:



*I'm so so tired*

Secondly, I am writing yay!
I keep telling people how much I absolutely love writing and how amazing at it I am (am I?) but the truth is that I never prioritize it. Which leads to my barely ever writing. Picking something up that you’ve put away indefinitely tends to be thrilling when you actually do it.
Unless it’s cleaning your room, then maybe not.

Number three would probably be how I finally organised my cupboard, only for it to become messy again soon. But see the “finally”? Recurring pattern of things-I-should-have-done-ages-ago being seen here.

On another note, I'm always partying. I have a different definition of partying though. Partying to me is simply having fun. I'm partying when I spend time with friends and family, I'm partying when I go for a run alone. I'm partying when I go to college sitting through a plodding lecture too because that's one of the only times bonding happens. Writing a blog post, trekking and being circumscribed by nature, listening to music - I fill up my days with as many fun things as I can. And this perennial party called life is another reason to celebrate.

You can add celebrating how I like to think that I know what I want to do in life, and celebrating death because without it we wouldn’t value life. Living forever sounds as boring as it does exciting.

Celebrating how lucky I am to be able to have everything that I do have, and the paradox – lucky that I don’t have the rest because if I had everything, what would keep me going?

You could just celebrate someone’s birthday – everyday is the birthday of somebody, irrespective of whether you know them or not.
I don’t know. Just go to a park and feel happy about how all these kids still aren’t taken over by technology and lack understanding of social context.

It’s irrevocable, the damage experience does to you. And just like the damage, so is learning. So celebrate everything that has happened to you. You wouldn’t be you without it.

Celebrate that you get to be yourself instead of having to pretend to the media. Celebrate because you’re normal, celebrate being talented. 

People celebrate when something brings a lot of positive emotions. Celebration leads to positive emotions.

You don’t even need a reason – Celebrate to celebrate.



Kanksha

No comments:

Post a Comment