Tuesday 14 November 2017

Hope for the best or Prepare for the worst?


I’m trying to be positive,
Begging my mind to stay calm.
I’m trying to expect nothing,
And subdue the qualm.

It’s difficult to do that
When it’s in your nature to take stress
About things that haven’t even happened
That could make your life a mess.

Positivity can contribute to hope,
And hope can lead you astray
Preparing for the worst
Isn’t enough on a few days.
 
So do I be positive, and dream without thinking about the consequences and reality, simply because affirmations when supported with hard work and effort tend to make you and the world more focused on achieving the same?

Or do I prepare constantly, at the back of my mind, of how worst worst can get?

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

The statement makes sense generally, but only when it has to be implemented does one realise how non-complementary the frame of mind is in each case.

I don’t think you can do both at the same time. It’s a step by step procedure. First you prepare for the worst, I guess, being open and accepting that anything could happen. And plan what you would do, worst case. Next comes the hoping for the best part.

I think I’ve done the same.

I think I’m ready.

Kanksha

P.S. If you don’t know me, what did you think this post was about?

No comments:

Post a Comment