Tuesday 12 February 2019

Day 4: Shimla: Kufri and Mall Road (again)

Highly recommend you listening to the audio while reading.



We woke up and got dressed 
Went and ate some breakfast
To be on time Niti as always stressed 
So we had time to take some pictures, aren't you impressed? (At how on time I was) 

(I also lost my chapstick which I found a few days later.)

The photo session continued 
While a couple friends finished their poop
We were rushed inside a bus
Separated from our group 

Not for long, because we reached Kufri adventure park quite quick
That place was just to take pictures and against it, put a tick
We went a level up, till taking a tempo or walking we had to pick 
Walking it was, we weren't going to give so much money and be tricked 

Walk walk walk.
Sometimes uphill.
Always uphill. 
Whine grumble complain.
Too much cold in my nose, hurt in my brain.
Leg leg leg screaming out, 
Me with too much pride to stop.

Trees all around

Walk walk walk.
Sometimes uphill.
Always uphill.
Toy town behind me.
Colorful dusty lane around, everywhere a tree.
Epic view, constantly we would stop and see.

TOY TOWN

We reached the point where there were yaks and horses. A lot of people chose to continue on them. A lot of people who were confused waited till a few of us walked our way through the animal feces to let them know how long it lasted. Smart owners of the animals, keeping the first 100m dirty so that people would hire a horse. 

The prices decrease drastically as you walk a bit, in case you are planning on going there. 

And so we walked
Horses on both sides 
Frightening most of my friends 
Making them behind each other's back hide 

We stepped over stones, we stepped over dirt
With all of that stepping, we started to sweat and feel hot and before we knew it we had reached. 

It did not look like anything great at first. We rushed to the place where we get Maggi. I eat Jain food, so I didn't expect to get any. But Mokshu had the foresight to carry some Jain masala. I was really happy. 

It did not look too great at first.

It proceeded to snow very little. But it snowed. Did I say I was happy? I was so much happier. The last time I saw snow was fifteen years ago when I was six years old. I don't remember it at all. The small droplets, white furry things even smaller than tic tac, they brought huge smiles on everyone's face. Smiles even bigger than the one when I realised I would get to eat Maggi. 

Maggi+Snow =)

We walked towards a place from where we should have been able to see the Himalayas. We didn't see the Himalayas but decided a meeting point and time so that everyone could proceed to Mall road.

Most of us proceeded to a temple without going inside. 
We walked around. It was a lot of walking. But the view was splendid as well. 

Saw the world's? highest go kart here. 

We walked down eventually. My leg was hurting the whole way down. I did slow down. It was still a fun walk back because I loved the surroundings. Nature has a calming effect. Walking also has a calming effect on me, irrespective of how much it made me want to cry. Alright, I'm exaggerating, it wasn't that bad.

And we've almost reached halfway: this part was slippery!

Walk walk walk again to Mall Road. 
Buy buy buy a beanie for friends.
Walk walk walk for food,
to the restaurant literally at the end.

It was so far, I thought we would never reach
But the sunset was beautiful
And we got pasta
And began the walk back to the bus because our driver was shouting at and threatening us.

Sunset from Mall Road

I don't think everyone that day got a chance to appreciate the lights and car-free zone.
We also missed eating cake at the bakery.
But that's the problem with deadlines - you're too worried to complete something to actually enjoy the process of completing it.

Came back to the hotel.
It was Vinchhi's birthday the next day, some people got cake.


There was music.
And some people were dancing.
One person had alcohol from a sprite bottle thinking it was water.
One person spat it out.
One person felt it burn down his throat. 

And one person is now signing offff!
Kanksha
PS: Anyone wants to get spooked?

No comments:

Post a Comment