Friday 4 October 2019

31 bananas in the house

I have so many blog posts that I want to write. They're all small ideas, or just thoughts pinned down. And I was trying to integrate everything into one post. But they either didn't mesh together, or the post would get too long. So I've decided that I'll do shorter posts, with individual ideas. I don't really know how it will work. But here goes.

Do you guys remember those math problems where a man or woman bought 20+ watermelons and we thought that was ridiculous? It probably was, but I just found out that having 31 bananas in your house is borderline normal. Ananya got 12, Shreeshaa dared to get 7, I had experimented with 6 before so 8 felt doable, and Manushi graced us with 4 more. The fruit basket was already overflowing, and now the entire island has bananas in marked plastic recyclable bags.

making this was fun
We also got a lot of pie. It is between Shreeshaa and me, and what better way of making use of your time than making a pie chart with pie?

yes I have pretty stationery
Not to mention the bunch of extra dhokla and gulab jaamun (among other things) from Navratri which we finished in half a day.

we wish we got back more food
And three of us made the same pasta today. This is funny because we made it separately at the very same time. (Read more on our different eating habits here.)

mine is bottom left
I find it very amusing that we have so much food. Our cupboards are full, the fridge is full. We enjoy grocery shopping and stocking up and looking at the completely filled cupboard - I know at least I do. Then finally we reach a point where we realise that the food is going bad, because of which we try to finish it off, and end up having to go buy even more food. Get hungry. Buy food. Make food. Eat food. Food goes bad. Finish food fast. Get hungry and buy more food because you had to finish the food you had bought quicker than you thought. Thus the cycle repeats.

In fact everything in life is a cycle (I am so sure I have said this before in some or the other post). You wake up, eat food, get ready, go to school/work to have a better life, eat some more food, and sleep. You go to a career fair, tell a different recruiter the same story, and move around the basketball stadium where your fair is held once more to repeat the same. There are people before you who have done the same. Some of them are probably changing jobs now. There are people after us who will do the same and maybe we will be changing jobs then. And because of so many of these common cycles, large parts of our lives are similar and relatable.

A bunch of people my age would have gone away from home. Gone away from home or not, at this age everyone wants to grow professionally. And everyone is definitely growing personally too. Most of us have overall similar feelings and experiences - irrespective of how much we express them. We all feel happy about the same things. We all have overlapping problems. We miss our families. There are times when we feel low. There is the birthday stress every once a year. There is pain and sweetness from remembering a person you don't talk to anymore. There is music we enjoy. And there's joy when your roommate makes you lunch without telling you when you are tired.

We all have stuff that we can "max relate" to. All those memes that have 1000s of likes on Instagram is just an example. So sometimes the repetitive pattern of ordinary life makes me wonder what is different in our lives?

Love,
Kanksha

P.S. yeah this was mainly to show off how creative I am with creating visualisations of data in real life. My Data and Visual Analytics professor should be proud of me. The philosophical life part of the blog post was just a natural extension. I don't know how my brain works. If you're still reading this, I hope you have a great day. To those who didn't get till here, I hope you have a great day too. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment