Friday 21 June 2013

Trip to Japan #1

I love excitement. A few of my friends have observed that stuff starts happening wherever I go. Well, what can I say? It does seem to be true.. Anyways, I set off for Japan yesterday and am currently in Hong Kong while typing this!

After watching A Good Day to Die Hard in the plane yesterday, I went to 'half-sleep' and woke up to watch half of Les Miserables! (I must say the latter was amazing - even if I watched only half of it!) a couple of light snacks, it was time for landing. I wish I could capture it - it was a scene that was one of a kind! Till the last moment I was scared that we were going to land in the water! To top that, the view being a cocktail of mountains and skyscrapers caught my interest. Moving to the transfer line I had around 5 hours to kill! The airport was huge as well and had a lot to offer! Using WiFi to the fullest and charging my phone, assuring my parents I had my passport and boarding pass and using the metro (super fast I must say!) to reach my gate, Skyping my cousins...time flew past! Before I knew it it was time to board the plane to Narita!

(The part after this sentence is typed at my cousins place after reaching Japan!)

Hong Kong Airport!

So the flight to Tokyo was good as well. Once again, I passed time watching movies. By the time the flight landed, I was so excited to meet my cousins that I finished all the procedures within half an hour and was out! My cousins and aunt I guess weren't expecting me to be as fast though! :P From there, we took the train - Narita Express till Shibuya where my cousins introduced me to the 'health drink' - Pocari. It was pretty nice :) The metro again was spectacular - we even saw a double decker train which is supposed to be very rare! To top that my cousin's seat number was 1-D (and she is crazy behind one direction) so you can imagine how 'on top of the world' she was! The rest of the journey passed in merry chatter! We took a taxi from the world famous Shibuya Crossing, saw forever 21, found out 'poppo' means hair salon, saw the expressway, 24 hour shops and experienced quiet....Silence..and peace. 



On reaching home, I met my grandmom after a month, ate delicious food and 'kulfi' (you could call it the indian version of ice cream!) and opened up my bags :) After chatting for a while and cracking jokes, the clock struck two and we thought it was a good time to sleep, so yeah, we slept. 

Kanksha :)

Well, it was a pretty abrupt ending, I know...
But I have an interesting fact for you - Taxis out here have automatic doors - the open and shut on their own! Isn't that weird and cool at the same time??? 

No comments:

Post a Comment