Tuesday 11 June 2013

School Tour!

Alright. It has been ages since I last posted. You could take that literally as well. My PACE Age is about to get over (Well, I am going to get a month of vacation time!), school age officially came to an end and well yeah, that's it. But I digress as I was supposed to be telling you guys about how awesome Sikkim and Darjeeling is - no sarcasm involved!

WARNING : I suck at writing something when I am supposed to write about it, so sorry if this post isn't as exciting!

Yes, Sikkim is a marvelous place to visit. The climate was favourable, so was the gentle touch of wind and whisper of leaves. Ahhhhhhhh! I don't even make sense anymore! I'll give it one last try, and this time, be informal!

My journey was nothing short of happening. We got our tenth grade board results on the first day, got (almost) attacked by stones on the second and pulled the chain of the train we were supposed to change and catch 5 times. If this wasn't enough drama, we saw an empty jeep fall into the river (since the poor driver had forgotten to put  the handbrake!) in front of our eyes on the third day! We stayed in Sikkim for 4 days in all. Waking up at 5 in the morning, one day we embarked on the journey to Chhangu Lake and Baba Ka Mandir 13,000 feet above the sea level. I must say, the view both ways was spectacular! Actually the following is the list of places we visited:
In Sikkim..
1) Dro Dul Chorten, Energy Park. - Mind Blowing Waterfall and a dragon.
2)Enchey Monastry
3)Flower Hall
4)A Local school - We had visited Holy Cross school where they gave an amazing performance and so did we give a couple! We had a kind of interact programme with them as well where phone numbers were exchanged?! *coughs coughs* :P (Not really!) Though, their hospitality was noteworthy!And all the students were friendly as well :D
5)Chhangu Lake
Beautiful View!
6)Baba Ka Mandir - This place, my friends, has a story that I will tell you someday. It is supernatural...and interesting..and unbelievable.

In Darjeeling..
1) Padmaja Naidu Zoological Park and Mountaineering Institute - We learnt a bit of rock climbing and proceeded to the zoo with an ice cream each in our hand. Boy! The ice cream seller must have earned loads :P
2)Tiger Hill - Tigers do not exist here and neither could we see anything much because of the mist but we still took loads of pictures ;)
3)Ghoom Monastry - I don't know whether it os 'Ghum or Ghoom' as the station has both spellings, but its a proper noun, so the rule holds true!
4)Japanese Pagoda - According to my friend, he felt 'ultimate peace' here while listening to the beat of the drums! Bang....Bang...Bang!


Mind you, I haven't mentioned a 'pebble-ing' surprise DJ, watching a movie at Inox, playing badminton/table - tennis/football/lawn tennis, attacking each other with toothpaste, butter, jam and ketchup or sneaking away to a different market to find tea at lower prices. I didn't even mention ten people sitting in a place meant for six, eating four kilos of litchi, listening to a song gazillion times, staying up all night cracking lame jokes and playing cards (or should I say cheating at cards!)!

This last tour with friends was the best ever and nothing can change that! :)

Kanksha :D

PS: Aditi, you haven't been kidnapped but I am confident you HAVE been cyber-napped. So could you go all kung fu on the cyber-napper, run away and come back? Please? :P

We found this hilarious! XD

No comments:

Post a Comment