Friday 21 June 2013

Japan #2

My brain still hasn't digested the fact that I am going to stay in Japan for twenty days. Heck, it hasn't even swallowed it as yet. But let me come back to what all I did, the places I visited and stuff I observed...

(Btw, I will be talking about two of my cousins pretty often. Since they don't want their identity disclosed, the one my age is Blossom and the one two years younger is Jelly!)

I woke up pretty late and went out for a jog with Jelly. She took me to her school and Yorkmart, showed me the laundry place and cycles parking lot. One thing I noticed here was cycles have like first priority - so many people travel by cycles...then whether it is raining or not doesn't matter! In the afternoon, I took a kind of tour to the local places - we went to the laundry and supermarket. Oh my, the apples are HUGE. So is the bitter-gourd and orange! They have almost every flavour yogurt from strawberry to aloe vera and orange kit-kats as well :P
SHoes that people actually wear. Unbelievable.

The Laundry :)

In the evening we went to an Indian restaurent to give a family friend a surprise birthday party and I met a whole new bunch of people there! Apart from the beginning awkwardness, I had a pretty good time :) 

On the way back home though we saw the Sky Tree and Tokyo Tower both lighted up. They were simply beautiful! The Tokyo Tower was prettier though! 

I didn't do much today but found out quite alot and made a few realisations...
1) Communication with Japanese people is completely impossible if they don't know English. I tried talking using actions to the person who comes to help at home but it didn't work :/
2) People bow (like a nodding bow if you get what I mean) when the car lets them cross the road.
3) Drivers flash the hazard light twice when a car lets him/her change the car lane as a thank you!
4) Everybody follows traffic rules here...
5) There is an emperor who lives here and has an amazing palace with water all around it. 

Kanksha :)

One last thing. Jelly told me that battles in Japan were fought in a weird way. The two sides would stand facing each other. It would begin with one man coming forward and boasting about all his achievements, with another man from the other side doing the same. They would then fight and the procedure repeats till one army is finished. Isn't that scary?

No comments:

Post a Comment